Do you want your work to create a tangible, meaningful, and inclusive impact, both inside and outside the walls of your workplace? Sounds like we’ve got a lot in common. See how Aqua Strategies can support your professional goals, values, and personal life.
At Aqua Strategies, we believe every project deserves solutions based on sound, tested science and rigorous engineering principles that are responsive to diverse stakeholder views. Our approach seeks resilient and sustainable results to promote clean water and healthy natural environments for future generations.
We have opportunities across the globe. We are a team fueled by collaboration on interesting and important work. We are a culture that fosters growth and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers.
Hybrid Work Options
As we look towards the future of work, we recognize that the nature of work, the workforce, and the workplace have fundamentally shifted. Aqua Strategies professionals want a variety of options in the way they work to allow for personal choice, flexibility, and predictability.
Some staff prefer a quiet refuge in the office. Other staff are able to work very productively from remote locations. Not only does a hybrid model benefit our staff, but also the environment. By reducing travel and commuting time we help reduce our own carbon footprint which, in turn, helps achieve overall carbon reduction goals.
5 Reasons to Work at Aqua Strategies
- Grow with us. Learn from highly experienced colleagues to broaden your professional capabilities and achieve growth opportunities within our company.
- Enjoy work. Do good work with diverse professionals on fascinating projects.
- Hybrid and remote options. Do your best work flexibly.
- Have a voice. We seek out your perspective and input because it’s important to us. We feed your input into our ongoing strategic business planning.
- Lead. You will be asked to lead us into the future.
Mid-Level Drainage / Water Resources Engineer
Location: Austin/Dripping Springs, Texas
Opening date: June 2, 2023
Closing date: Until filled
Aqua Strategies Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate with a background in Texas Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Planning, H&H Modeling, drainage, CAD, water infrastructure and/or Regulatory Permitting of water-related projects. We prefer candidates who have strong capabilities in one of the above areas over candidates with moderate capabilities in all. Please identify your core competency when submitting your resume.
Aqua Strategies was founded in 2014 with the philosophy that effective water resources solutions balance economic, social, and environmental needs to achieve resilient and sustainable results. Our team is passionate about solving complex water-related issues. Our ideal candidate will be capable of collaborating internally with Aqua Strategies colleagues and externally with clients and stakeholders while working productively from both home and in our Austin/Dripping Springs office.
Our ideal candidate has 5 years of experience or more and is capable of managing projects and tasks associated with one or more of the following areas: Water Resources Engineering, Drainage, H&H Modeling, and/or Regulatory Permitting.
Typical Job Functions
- Develop, analyze, interpret, summarize and present water resources data;
- Build, calibrate, run and describe models used in the analysis of water quantity and quality;
- Analyze, interpret and develop water-related infrastructure figures (including construction drawings) and maps;
- Make presentations at public meetings, workshops, conferences and client meetings;
- Manage work products and contracts;
- Support infrastructure planning and cost estimating;
- Review and understand water and wastewater designs and processes;
- Participate in field data collection efforts.
- Degree from four-year college or university with BS in engineering, hydrology, or closely related subject;
- Master’s degree in water resources engineering or hydrology/hydraulics;
- Professional Engineer’s license, Floodplain Manager Certification, or ability to obtain soon;
- 5 years work experience in Water Resources Engineering, Water Planning, H&H Modeling and/or Permitting;
- Proficiency with MS-Excel, MATLAB, Python, R or similar processing or scripting tools;
- Familiarity with drainage infrastructure design and Civil 3D, AutoCAD, or similar;
- Familiarity with QGIS, ESRI-GIS products and publicly available datasets, or similar;
- Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, groundwater and water quality modeling tools, such as HEC-RAS, RMA-2, SWAT, EPD-RIV1, River2D, MODFLOW, WRAP/WAM and/or RiverWare;
- Familiarity with water resources instrumentation and/or data collection methods; and
- US Citizenship, or proof of legal right to work in the US.
Female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.