Junior to Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer/Hydrologist
Location: Austin/Dripping Springs, Texas
Opening date: Aug 11, 2022
Closing date: Until filled
Aqua Strategies Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate with a background in one or more of the following hydrology disciplines: Water resources engineering, water supply planning, & modeling, water quality modeling, water infrastructure design, and also having analysis experience with: remote sensing, programming in Python or similar language, and GIS. We prefer candidates who have strong capabilities in one hydrology and one analysis area areas over candidates with moderate capabilities in all. Please identify your core competency when submitting your resume. Some experience in Texas or Oklahoma is a must.
Aqua Strategies was founded in 2014 with the philosophy that effective water resources solutions balance economic, social, and environmental needs to achieve resilient and sustainable results. Our team is passionate about solving complex water-related issues. Our ideal candidate will be capable of collaborating internally with Aqua Strategies colleagues and externally with clients and stakeholders while working independently and productively from both home and in our Austin/Dripping Springs office. If interested in joining our small, growing firm and meet the qualifications described below, please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Our ideal candidate has 2 to 5 years of experience and can manage projects and tasks with minimal supervision. Typical job functions and desired qualifications are listed below.
Typical Job Functions
- Develop, analyze, interpret, summarize and present water resources data;
- Build, calibrate, run and describe models used in the analysis of water quantity and quality;
- Analyze, interpret and develop water-related infrastructure figures and maps;
- Make presentations at public meetings, workshops, conferences and client meetings;
- Manage work products and contracts;
- Support infrastructure planning and cost estimating;
- Review and understand water and wastewater designs and processes; and
- Participate in field data collection efforts.
- Degree from four-year college or university with BS in engineering, water resources, or closely related subject;
- Master’s degree in water resources engineering or hydrology/hydraulics;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in water resources engineering, water planning, & modeling and/or permitting;
- Proficiency with MS-Excel, MATLAB, Python, R or similar processing or scripting tools;
- Familiarity with QGIS, ESRI-GIS products, or similar;
- Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, groundwater and water quality modeling tools, such as HEC-RAS, CE- QUAL-W2, SWAT, River2D, Flo2D, MODFLOW, TCEQ WRAP/WAM and/or RiverWare;
- Familiarity with water resources instrumentation and/or data collection methods;
- Professional Engineer’s or Geoscientist’s license, or ability to obtain soon; and
- US Citizenship, or proof of legal right to work in the US.
Female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.